Quai d’ Orsay No.50

Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
Tournesol

Quai d’ Orsay No.50

Δημοσίευση από Tournesol »

Εικόνα
Quai d’ Orsay No.50 | MSU OCT 17 | LCD Στάθης

Stathes kindly handed me this one a little less than a year ago, during one of our group’s customary meetups. Since the very first moment I was looking for that ideal moment to light it up. I chose instead to leave it inside my humi until it was time.

What a beautifully constructed cigar with such stunning looks – that was the first thing to say. Was a bit stingy with its natural aromas with nothing much to share but a hint of grassiness coming off the cigar’s foot. Magnificent draw (kudos to the roller) and pre-light tastes of grass and dried mushrooms.

Smooth and mellow on its intro, full of bread – or maybe breadcrumbs. A touch of leather and some loose but distinct taste of caramel. Was only in by a few puffs and the No.50 delivered a rich bouquet with dried nuts of all sorts.

Somewhat midway, the cigar was still delivering a rich and creamy smoke. Its delightful aromas reminded me of a cherry flavoured liquor and cognac. The burn was a tad uneven; though little did I care, everything else was making this a truly excellent smoke.

Quite a few times the cigar transitioned from a sweet and syrupy profile to a savoury and tangy one, like feasting on antipasti. It ended up being a bit more dark towards the end with notes of coffee and even more nuts, but roasted ones this time.

The cigar kept me chuffed even till the end, I was honestly on a joyride full of tastes and flavours.

Mate, thank you so effin much for this one.
These users thanked the author Tournesol for the post (total 5):
AssosΤάκηςΣτάθηςalexandrosSvensk
Unyielding force of thought and spirit, shine!
Άβαταρ μέλους
Tournesol

Re: Quai d’ Orsay No.50

Δημοσίευση από Tournesol »

Εικόνα
Quai d’ Orsay No.50 | LMB MAR 19 | LCD Jazzman

Here I am once again, getting to taste this marvellous petit robusto from Quai D'Orsay :D. This time I got my hands onto a fresh once, kindly given to me by my good friend Vlassis (aka Jazzman) a few months ago. If not mistaken, this came out of a box of 10, that was originally bought in Athens.

Stunning looks and a perfect draw. The basic ingredients to success? Well wait a sec cause it gets better :D

Honey, marzipan, cinnamon and Turkish delight with rosewater. Bit further on and the No. 50 starting treating me with cognac and well refined leather. All sorts of dark roasted coffee and a endless quantities of honey and buttermilk.

I have to admit that there were a few hints of ammonia here and there. But I'd say this is well justified given its young age (MAR 19).

Vlassi, I believe this one has some pretty good ageing potential there. Put em aside and let them be for a couple of years (if you can resist).

Thank you so much for this one! Really enjoyed it ;)
These users thanked the author Tournesol for the post (total 5):
ΤάκηςΣτάθηςJazzmanSvenskPetran
Unyielding force of thought and spirit, shine!
Άβαταρ μέλους
Jazzman

Re: Quai d’ Orsay No.50

Δημοσίευση από Jazzman »

Cheers buddy, always a pleasure!
These users thanked the author Jazzman for the post:
Tournesol
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “Quai d' Orsay”