Montecristo Linea 1935 Dumas

Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
Tournesol

Montecristo Linea 1935 Dumas

Δημοσίευση από Tournesol »

Montecristo Linea 1935 Dumas | UEB FEB 18

Εικόνα

The Dumas, comes with a 49 ring size and a total length of 130 mm, making it the "less gifted" – in size at least – of Montecristo’s new range of cigars, the Linea 1935. I would assume that this vitola was named after Alexandre Dumas; the French author responsible for the “Count of Montecristo”. It was contained in a well-made and nice looking humidor box that accommodated a total of twenty cigars. The cigar itself comes with its three ring bands (as shown above), two of them carrying the emblematic fleur-de-lys (Lilly flower) and another one with its name “Linea 1935 Dumas”.

Even though those ring labels are really nice looking, I do think that they are a tad too much for what we’ve been used to by the Montecristo marca. I immediately removed all those fancy bits and started handling the cigar, witnessing its outstanding look and almost perfect construction. And that ‘cause it’s cold draw was a bit too tight for my tastes.

I got too busy in the process, so I only managed to put down very few notes, though my overall impression was that this smoke was really good – more than expected, given the young of its age. Its first bits gave out a bouquet of roasted nuts, accompanied with a rich and creamy espresso together with -of course- that tanginess of a refined good ol’ leather. Definitely some spices were dancing around, but their presence made the Dumas’ taste even more lavish and enjoyable. Even stronger notes of leather, fleur de sel and butterscotch came by the close of play.

I’d say that it was a mild and nicely balanced smoke, that even a novice cigar smoker would be able to enjoy. Though I wonder how they’d be after a few years of aging. I should better try and source a few more and put them to age for a bit ;)
These users thanked the author Tournesol for the post (total 4):
suleygiannisΤάκηςSvenskΣτάθης
Unyielding force of thought and spirit, shine!
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “Montecristo”