Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure de Luxe LCDH

Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
Tournesol

Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure de Luxe LCDH

Δημοσίευση από Tournesol »

Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure de Luxe LCDH | LGR MAY 18

Εικόνα

I was looking for something new to accompany me Sunday's late lunch. Risotto con porcini e una bottiglia di vino bianco.

Going through the contents of my desktop humidor, I bumped onto this stubby chap. The box-code on the SLB suggests about five or so months that the cigar was rolled ready back in its motherland. It looked quite fine to me; well constructed and with a colorado maduro wrapper leaf, setting expectations of what is about to follow.

The foot was delightfully fragrant with a strong scent of mint, wild mushrooms and green tea.

The Epicure de Luxe, started off with a kick! Quite intense black pepper and a bit of tart. Smoking along, rich flavours of walnut and wet timber had emerged but soon after they turned into something caramelised and buttery. Wow, that was completely unexpected for its first third.

Second third kept up with some nicely roasted coffee and salted nuts. Incredible aroma, intense, flavourful and with a very rich smoke. I do have to point out that there were a few bits were the burn was a tad uneven, though I would normally chalk that under humidity issues.

Halfway on that final third, the Magico had switched again into something sweet and bitter at the same time, like biting a cinnamon stick. For a moment I thought I was smoking a cinnamon swirl :lol: .

Intense and flavourful. Served its purpose in excellence, being an after meal treat. I wonder though, how much better can it be after a couple years put to age.

Cheero
These users thanked the author Tournesol for the post (total 7):
PetranΣτάθηςsuleygiannisalexandrosΤάκηςSvenskAssos
Unyielding force of thought and spirit, shine!
Άβαταρ μέλους
alexandros
Founding Fathers

Re: Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure de Luxe LCDH

Δημοσίευση από alexandros »

ειμαι σιγουρος οτι το ρυζοτο θα μου αρεσε περισσοτερο :lol:
These users thanked the author alexandros for the post (total 2):
TournesolSvensk
οὔτε γὰρ ἄρχειν οὔτε ἄρχεσθαι ἐθέλω
Άβαταρ μέλους
Τάκης

Re: Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure de Luxe LCDH