H. Upmann Robustos Añejados

Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
Tournesol

H. Upmann Robustos Añejados

Δημοσίευση από Tournesol »

H. Upmann Robustos Añejados | SMO DIC 11

Εικόνα

This one is the latest entry from Habanos' Añejados project; cigars rolled and preserved -according to the manufacturer- in perfect conditions for a minimum of 5 years that would allow them to develop some sort of complexity and give out a entirely new range of tastes. The smoke I put to the test was a fine looking specimen from a box marked and dated as SMO DIC 11. With an obvious box-pressed shape, the cigar looked beautifully constructed with no rough bits such as vains or nerves sticking out from it's wrapper, giving it a real smooth one on the feel. No strong scents on the pre-light, though there was a taste of ground biscuits in it. Perfect draw of course, putting forward a quite good first impression.

Cut-light-smoke!

First puffs with loads of wood and kind of citrusy flavours. I was hoping to get some tart or a tea-like taste as a result of ageing, though there was nothing there at all. Got a bit disappointed to be honest. Second half with loads of wood and cedary flavours towards, a bit of a creaminess and a handful of those typical tastes one can identify in a Cuban smoke; nuts, bit of leather etc. Given the fact that this robusto is bearing the H. Upmann name, I would expect it to pack a punch. On the contrary, it was rather mild with some consistency in regards to its intensity and flavour profile throughout. Fairly decent on the combustion side, as I only had to touch it up with a torch once, to even out the burn.

As an overall conclusion, I would not say that one was a bad or a dull smoke. Was just expecting something more exotic out of it.

Εικόνα
These users thanked the author Tournesol for the post (total 5):
ΤάκηςsuleygiannisSvenskalexandrosGreekos
Unyielding force of thought and spirit, shine!
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “H. Upmann”