H. Upmann Sir Winston

Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
Τάκης

H. Upmann Sir Winston

Δημοσίευση από Τάκης »

Εικόνα

Julieta No.2 178 x 47
Packaging: Varnished Cabinet of 25 (replaced 1994 Black Lacquered Cabinet)

ECA CCNE

Sir Winston is one of the last 5 Churchills with continuing presence in the Habanos' SA portfolio
compared to the many ones existing some decades ago

a noble vitola with ideal measurements
the particular H.U brings with it a prominent name worthy of its godfather, Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill

Εικόνα

as is the case with all the Upmann cigars, this one, too, changes with the passage of time
it becomes richer, deeper, wiser and more complex
it is transforming into a real maestro, offering each and every time a masterful gourmet symphony

allegro, with strong pepper, touches of dark chocolate and leather
adagio, with tea, cinnamon and dried fruit
minuet, with vanilla, flavored coffee and flowers
finale, with a medley of nuts –almond, walnut, peanut and cashew

Εικόνα

all these flavors pass through the nose, the tongue and the palate
and leave on the smoker the indelible mark and aroma of a splendid cigar

Sir Winston was the protagonist in the Long Ash contest during the XVI Festival Habano
that took place in 2014 and remains a popular event ever since...

Εικόνα
These users thanked the author Τάκης for the post:
Svensk
papa was a rolling stone...
Άβαταρ μέλους
Tournesol

Re: H. Upmann Sir Winston

Δημοσίευση από Tournesol »

Εικόνα

H. Upmann Sir Winston
UTL OCT 18
LCD Stathis

I’ve been given this one for over a year now and I believe it’s time to get serious and down to business.

It is stunning! It is so oily, fragrant and it feels great holding it. What a great looking cigar fellas!

The cold ones taste like sweet mint, some cinnamon, maybe vanilla and some mild spice. It’s construction looks great too; the draw is a solid ten and feels equally filled along its length.

First puffs. I was expecting something along the lines of leather and grass etc. But no, it tastes like bread crust and peppery steak.

10mm in and I can clearly taste some lemon tart with a zingy meringue.

Salty shells from a walnut, almond and assorted dried nuts together with timber notes. Standards of the H Upmann marca.

Halfway in, with no need for corrections or relighting it. Perfect straight burn that in all proves the truly excellent construction of this 47x178mm Julieta.

In between the woodiness, I get some rollercoaster flashes of smoked paprika, roasted mushrooms and pop corn.

Timber dominates the second half for the most of it. The smoke though is still rich and really creamy, leaving a pleasant aftertaste on the palate.

With 1 h and 40 minutes of pleasure, I shall dare to say that it has been the best way to say farewell to summer.

Stathi, I cannot thank you enough for this one. Defo in my top ten.
These users thanked the author Tournesol for the post (total 8):
PetranΤάκηςharmonicaSvenskΣτάθηςsigarasmanosp3Jazzman
Unyielding force of thought and spirit, shine!
Απάντηση

Επιστροφή στο “H. Upmann”